Friday, December 16, 2011

Do you need the L button on a gameboy to play Pokemon games?

I want to get a game boy to play the old Pokemon games and my brother wants to get rid of his game boy and give it to me but the L button on his is broken. I really will only use the game boy for Pokemon. I played the games a while ago but can't remember if the L button is required. Will the broken button effect my game? What is the L button used for? Is there a way around this?|||Depends, How old is the game? If it is Red/Blue/Yellow or Gold/Silver/Crystal, it wont matter at all to the game, However... If it is Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald it is optional. It is optional only if you go to options and at the bottom there is an option to set it from normal to LR to L=A.


Normal is normal= no explanation required.


LR is for Boxes= You only use the L and R for navigation inside of PC boxes


L=A =is for using the L for a second A button.





Hope that helps.|||On the old pokemon games the L button is used for making the screen in a square shape rather than full screen. It gives it a better and more original quality but it is not needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment